Meet Annie- CapRock ER’s newest CapRock Star
We asked Annie to fill out a few questions so we could learn a little more about her.
1. Where did you go to school? A: I’m actually a senior at Texas A&M right now. I will graduate in May of 2017 ( A WHOOP!), with an Bachelor of Science Allied Health degree.
2. What is your biggest challenge in life now? A: Right now getting into PA school is my biggest challenge because PA school is very competitive.
3. What do you do for fun? A: I love to cook and try new recipes. I also love to spoil and play with my puppy.
4. What book are you currently reading? A: Because I am a student, I am not able to sit and read the books that I want to. Right now I have a stack waiting for me after finals and the first book I plan to read is The Book Thief.
5. What can you simply not resist? A: I can NOT resist chips and queso. Queso is definitely my weakness.
6. What is the first thing you do when you wake up/start your day? A: The first thing that I do in the morning is make breakfast and a cup of coffee. If I don’t have my coffee and breakfast, then my entire day is thrown off.
7. Craziest thing you have ever done? A: I went on a mission trip to Kenya over the summer and part of the trip included a safari in Masai Mara. While we were on our safari our van got stuck in the mud and our safari guide told us that we needed to get out so that the van would be lighter and easier to pull out with another vehicle. While we were standing in the tall grass one of the guides nonchalantly said, “be on the lookout for any lions in the grass!” Talk about an adrenaline rush. It was one of the craziest, funniest, and definitely one of the most unique experiences of my life.
8. How long have you been an ER Tech? A: I’ve been an ER Tech here at CapRock for over a year now. I started in September of 2015.
9. What do you most like to do to unwind? A: Depending on my mood, I’ll either go for a run or binge watch movies to unwind. Running is my way of relieving stress. When I really just want to relax and be lazy I like to pick a movie or even a series of movies to lay in bed and watch. My go to series is definitely either Harry Potter or Lord of The Rings/The Hobbit.
10. Favorite meal? A: This is kind of a difficult question for me because I am a HUGE food fanatic and honestly love all food. Today though, I would say that my favorite meal is the chicken enchiladas with hatch green chile sauce with green chile rice and beans from Chuy’s because I get that almost on a weekly basis.