CapRock Health System is dedicated to serving our community during this growing time of crisis. We are working tirelessly to ensure that the incredible care you’ve come to rely on will not skip a beat. More so, we are mobilizing the full scope of our resources, medical team, leadership, and network, to bring you the information, testing, and care necessary to combat COVID-19. Please carefully review the information below to learn more about how you can better protect yourself and how CapRock is working to serve you.
SHOULD I BE TESTED?
Per the CDC, symptoms of the Coronavirus may appear 2-14 days after exposure, and include:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
Should you experience any of the typical symptoms, we encourage you to request a telehealth appointment or call us at 979.314.2323 (option 2). If you are experiencing any of the emergent symptoms, seek medical assistance immediately!
NEED COVID-19 TESTING?
Following are the primary steps and information for receiving COVID-19 testing at CapRock:
- Schedule a telehealth appointment with a CapRock provider. Testing can ONLY be performed for patients WITH AN ORDER from a provider (Can be a CapRock or non-CapRock affiliated provider). The simplest and safest way to meet with a CapRock provider is through a telehealth virtual appointment. If you are unable to connect via telehealth and need an in-person evaluation, please call ahead so that we may direct you to the appropriate CapRock facility. To use telehealth, refer to the HOW DO I USE TELEHEALTH section below. You may also wish to reference the section HOW DOES INSURANCE WORK FOR TELEHEALTH.
- Once you have been evaluated by a CapRock physician, if COVID-19 testing is recommended, the physician will then direct you to one of our drive-thru COVID-19 testing locations.
- After you have been administered the COVID-19 test, CapRock will contact you directly with the results. Please note that turnaround time for results as well as cost may vary depending upon the type of test that is ordered for you.
CapRock Health has a limited supply of PCR rapid tests available as a public service. Our supply of these tests comes directly from the State of Texas to benefit the public at large. We reserve these rapid tests for emergency services, first responders, healthcare workers, and other essential services. Should our providers prescribe a rapid test, you will not be charged for these tests, and neither will your insurance. We are currently not offering these tests for non-essential services, such as travel for vacations.
CapRock also offers PCR and antibody send-out labs to the general public. The cost of these tests is usually covered by most insurance plans; without insurance, the cost of the PCR test is $100, and the antibody test is $50.
The turnaround time to receive results from COVID-19 send-out labs have increased due to the high demand experienced by these labs, and vary widely. Results can take up to approximately 10 days or greater.
WHY DO I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR BEFORE GETTING TESTED FOR COVID-19?
REQUEST A TELEHEALTH ASSESSMENT
Using the link below, you may request a virtual appointment with a provider between the hours of 8 am to 8 pm, Monday thru Saturday. To protect you and our staff, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to begin by visiting one of our CapRock Providers through our telehealth portal instead of an in-person visit. Should you need additional evaluation, testing, or treatment, the telehealth provider will guide you.
HOW DO I USE TELEHEALTH?
- Click on any CapRock telehealth button or link
- From the “Reason for Visit” dropdown menu, select “Telehealth”
- Select a visit time that works for you and enter your information
- Complete your registration. Please be prepared to upload a picture of your drivers’ license and insurance (if applicable)
- We will review and registration and text you if we have questions.
- When it is time for your appointment, we will text you to ensure you are ready and send you a link for your visit.
- Please ensure you allow access to your camera and microphone
- Enter your name
- Select “Start Session”
- Your provider will join you shortly
- After your visit, we will contact you to collect payment for your visit. The cost of the visit will be determined by your insurance and the tests ordered by the provider.
HOW DOES INSURANCE WORK FOR TELEHEALTH?
For telehealth, you will be charged the copay and/or deductible determined by your insurance benefits. If we are unable to process your insurance, you will be billed for the full amount of $75. If not using insurance, appointments are available on a cash basis of $75 per appointment. Should your telehealth provider recommend in-person care at one of our facilities, the payment for your telehealth will be applied toward your in-person visit.
I THINK I’VE BEEN EXPOSED TO CORONAVIRUS, HOW CAN I PROTECT OTHERS?
Per the CDC’s website, if you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have it, follow the steps below to help protect other people in your home and community.
- Stay home (except to get medical care)
- Stay in touch with your doctor
- Avoid public transportation
- Stay away from others (including other people in your home)
HOW DO I STAY UP-TO-DATE ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS?
For the most up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus, we recommend visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, which includes extensive information on symptoms, safety, and treatment.
CAN I STILL BE SEEN AT CAPROCK FOR NON-COVID-19 RELATED CONCERNS?
YES. As stated above, we are working tirelessly to ensure that all CapRock facilities and services remain available to the public. CapRock Health System facilities, including CapRock Hospital, CapRock 24-Hour Emergency Center, and CapRock Urgent Care at Jones Crossing, are still maintaining our stated hours of service and full-service lines. Currently, CapRock Urgent Care at Century Square is only receiving patients for COVID-19 screening/testing. If your concern is related to potential exposure or infection with COVID-19, please use our telehealth service or call ahead prior to visiting any facility, so we may best protect you and our staff.
HOW IS CAPROCK ENSURING THE SAFETY OF ITS PATIENTS?
CapRock administration and staff have implemented numerous processes and plans, based on recommendations from the CDC, the state and local health departments, local and national infectious disease specialists, and our Infection Control team. Our hospital is equipped with negative pressure rooms and is completely HEPA filtered to further reduce the chance of transmission. Our no-wait capabilities at our hospital prevent large numbers of patients from sitting closely in the waiting rooms. Finally, we have instituted Telehealth so that patients who potentially have COVID-19 but don’t feel the necessity to be examined in person, can see one of our excellent providers, without exposing other patients to infection.